The PEBuilder tool provided by vRealize Automation provides a simple way to include the vRealize Automation guest agent in your WinPE images.
About this task
PEBuilder has a 32 bit guest agent. If you need to run commands specific to 64 bit, install PEBuilder and then get the 64 bit files from the GugentZipx64.zip file.
Install PEBuilder in a location where you can access your staging environment.
Install NET Framework 4.5.
Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 (including WinPE 3.0) is installed.
- Navigate to the vCloud Automation Center Appliance management console installation page.
For example: https://vcac-hostname.domain.name:5480/installer/.
- Download the PEBuilder.
- (Optional) Download the Windows 64-bit guest agent package if you want to include the Windows 64-bit guest agent in your WinPE instead of the Windows 32-bit guest agent.
- Run vCAC-WinPEBuilder-Setup.exe.
- Follow the prompts to install PEBuilder.
- (Optional) Replace the Windows 32-bit guest agent files located in \PE Builder\Plugins\VRM Agent\VRMGuestAgent with the 64-bit files to include the 64-bit agent in your WinPE.
You can use PEBuilder to create a WinPE for use in WIM provisioning.