You can define zero or more ranges of static IP addresses for use in provisioning a network. An external network profile must have at least one static IP range for use with routed and NAT network profiles.
If an external network profile does not have IP ranges defined, you can use it to specify which network is picked for a network card (NIC).
- Click the IP Ranges tab.
- Click New Network Range.
The New Network Range dialog box appears.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter an IP address in the Starting IP address text box.
- Enter an IP address in the Ending IP address text box.
- Click OK.
The newly defined IP address range appears in the Defined Ranges list. The IP addresses in the range appear in the Defined IP Addresses list.
- (Optional) Upload one or more IP addresses from a CSV file.
A row in the CSV file has the format ip_address,mname,status.
An IP address
Name of a managed machine in vRealize Automation. If the field is empty, defaults to no name.
Allocated or Unallocated, case-sensitive. If the field is empty, defaults to Unallocated.
- Click Browse next to the Upload CSV text box.
- Navigate to the CSV file and click Open.
- Click Process CSV File.
The uploaded IP addresses appear in the Defined IP Addresses list. If the upload fails, diagnostic messages appear that identify the problems.
- (Optional) Filter IP address entries to only those that match.
- Click in the Defined IP Addresses text boxes.
- Enter a partial IP address or machine name, or select a date from the Last Modified drop-down calendar.
The IP addresses that match the filter criteria appear.
- Click OK.