You can organize specific custom properties into property groups to more easily add multiple custom properties to blueprints.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or fabric administrator.
- Select .
- Click New ().
- Enter the new property group name and ID.
If you enter the Name value first, the ID text box is populated with the same value.
- In the Visibility section, select All tenants or This tenant to determine where the property is to be available.
If you are logged in with only tenant administrator privileges, then only This tenant is available. If you are logged in with only fabric administrator privileges, then only All tenants is available.
You cannot change the All tenants or This tenant setting after you create the item.
- (Optional) : Enter a description of the property group, for example My_CloningProperties_vSphere.
- Add a property to the group by using the Properties box.
- Click New ().
- Enter a property name.
For example, enter VirtualMachine.Storage.ReserveMemory.
- (Optional) : Enter a property value.
For example, enter True.
- (Optional) : Select the Encrypted check box to specify that the property value must be encrypted. For example, if the value is to be a password or other secure entry, using the encrypted option hides the value characters.
- (Optional) : Select the Overridable check box to specify that the property value can be overridden by the next or subsequent person who uses the property. The next person could be an administrator, architect, or other user.
- (Optional) : Select the Show in Request check box to display the property on the request form when requesting machine provisioning.
- Click OK to add the property to the group.
- Add additional properties to the group.
- Click Save.