Tenant administrators can add an outbound email server to send notifications for completing work items, such as approvals.
About this task
Each tenant can have only one outbound email server. If your system administrator has already configured a global outbound email server, see Override a System Default Outbound Email Server.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator.
If the email server requires authentication, the specified user must be in an identity store and the business group.
- Select .
- Click the Add icon ().
- Select Email – Outbound.
- Click OK.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) : Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Type the name of the server in the Server Name text box.
- Choose an encryption method.
Click Use SSL.
Click Use TLS.
Click None to send unencrypted communications.
- Type the server port number in the Server Port text box.
- (Optional) : Select the Required check box if the server requires authentication.
- Type a user name in the User Name text box.
- Type a password in the Password text box.
- Type the email address that vRealize Automation emails should appear to originate from in the Sender Address text box.
This email address corresponds to the user name and password you supplied.
- Choose whether vRealize Automation can accept self-signed certificates from the email server.
This option is available only if you enabled encryption.
Click Yes to accept self-signed certificates.
Click No to reject self-signed certificates.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Add.