The vRealize Automation system administrator specifies server and account settings for the Windows installation server and selects a SQL database server instance and authentication method.
About this task
- On the Server and Account Settings page or the Detected Settings page, specify the user name and password for a user with SQL administrative privileges or a local administrator.
- Type a phrase in the Passphrase text box.
The passphrase is a series of words that generates the encryption key used to secure database data.Note:
Save your passphrase so that it is available for future installations or system recovery.
- In the Server text box in the SQL Server Database Installation Information section, accept the default server to install the database instance on the same server with the IaaS components, or type a different server name if the database is on another machine.
If you specify a different server, you must supply the server name and port number, using the form servername,portnumber.
- Accept the default in the Database name text box or type an appropriate name if applicable.
- Select the authentication method.
Select Use Windows authentication if you want to create the database using the Windows credentials of the current user. The user must have SQL sys_admin privileges.
Deselect Use Windows authentication if you want to create the database using SQL authentication. Type the User name and Password of the SQL Server user with SQL sys_admin privileges on the SQL server instance.
- (Optional) Select the Use SSL for database connection checkbox.
By default, the checkbox is enabled. SSL provides a more secure connection between the IaaS server and SQL database. However, you must first configure SSL on the SQL server to support this option. For related information about configuring SSL on the SQL server, see KB article 316898 How to enable SSL encryption for an instance of SQL Server by using Microsoft Management Console at the Microsoft support site.
- Click Next.