If you maintain a stand-alone, external instance of vRealize Orchestrator for use with vRealize Automation, you must upgrade when you upgrade vRealize Automation.
About this task
Embedded instances of vRealize Orchestrator are upgraded as part of the vRealize Automation appliance upgrade. No additional action is required.
If you are upgrading a vRealize Orchestrator appliance cluster, see Upgrade External vRealize Orchestrator Appliance Clusters,
For more information about upgrading external vRealize Orchestrator, see vRealize Orchestrator upgrade documentation.
Upgrade IaaS components as described in Upgrading the IaaS Server Components
- Shut down the vRealize Orchestrator node.
- Take a snapshot.
- Power on the vRealize Orchestrator node.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator appliance configuration portal at https://orchestrator_server:5480.
- Select your upgrade method based on the instructions in the vRealize Orchestrator documentation.
- Select the Update tab in your configuration portal and click Settings.
- Choose your download method and click Save Settings.
- Click Status.
- Click Check Updates.
- Click Install Updates.
To proceed with the upgrade, you must accept the VMware End User License Agreement.
- To complete the update, restart the vRealize Orchestrator appliance.
- If your standalone vRealize Orchestrator was previously configured with vRealize Automation authentication type, then re-register the node.
- Login with root credentials to ControlCenter by going to https:// your_orchestrator_server_IP_or_DNS_name:8283/vco-controlcenter in a Web browser.
- Navigate to Configuration Authentication Provider.
- Click Unregister.
- Reregister the instance by selecting Connect and entering your credentials.
- Select the Configure License checkbox and select the vco administrators group.
- Restart the vco server.
- Verify that the vco service appears as REGISTERED in the vRealize Automation appliance management console.
- From the Control Center, upgrade the vRealize Automation default plugins, which include vCAC Cafe and vCAC IaaS and NSX.