You can update your virtual appliance from an ISO file that the appliance reads from the virtual CD-ROM drive.
All CD-ROM drives you use in your upgrade must be enabled before you update a vRealize Automation appliance. See the vSphere documentation center for information about adding a CD-ROM drive to a virtual machine in the vSphere client.
- Download the update ISO file from the vmware.com Web site.
- Locate the downloaded file on your system to verify that the file size is the same as the file on vmware.com Web site.
- Ensure that your virtual appliance is powered on.
- Connect the CD-ROM drive for the virtual appliance you are updating to the ISO file you downloaded.
- Go to the management console for your virtual appliance by using its fully qualified domain name, https://va-hostname.domain.name:5480.
- Log in with the user name root and the password you specified when the appliance was deployed.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Settings.
- Under Update Repository, select Use CDROM Updates.
- Click Save Settings.