The network profile identifies the NAT network properties, underlying external network profile, NAT type, and other values used to provision the network.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
Create an external network profile. See Create an External Network Profile or Create an External Network Profile by Using An External IPAM Provider.
- Select .
- Click New and select NAT from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Accept the default IPAM endpoint value for the supplied internal VMware IPAM provider or select another IPAM provider endpoint, such as Infoblox, that you have imported and registered in vRealize Orchestrator.
External IPAM is not available for on-demand NAT and routed networks.
- Select an existing network profile from the External Network Profile drop-down menu.
- Select a one-to-one or one-to-many network address translation type from the NAT type drop-down menu.
Assign an external static IP address to each network adapter. Every machine can access the external network and is accessible from the external network.
One external IP address is shared among all machines on the network. An internal machine can have either DHCP or static IP addresses. Every machine can access the external network, but no machine is accessible from the external network. Selecting this option enables the Enabled check box in the DHCP group.
- Enter an IP subnet mask in the Subnet mask text box.
For example, enter 255.255.0.0.
- Enter an Edge or routed gateway address in the Gateway text box.
Use a standard IPv4 address format. For example, enter 10.10.110.1.
- (Optional) : In the DHCP group, select the Enabled check box and enter the IP range start and IP range end values.
You can select the check box only if you set the NAT type to one-to-many.
- (Optional) : Set a lease time to define how long a machine can use an IP address.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Enter DNS and WINS values as needed.
The DNS and WINS fields are optional if you are using an internal IPAM endpoint. If you are using an external IPAM endpoint, the DNS and WINS values are provided by the external IPAM provider.
- (Optional) : Enter a Primary DNS server value.
- (Optional) : Enter a Secondary DNS server value.
- (Optional) : Enter a DNS suffix value.
The DNS suffix is used in DNS name registration and DNS name resolution.
- (Optional) : Enter a DNS search suffix value.
- (Optional) : Enter a Preferred WINS server value.
- (Optional) : Enter an Alternate WINS server value.