You can associate custom properties with a vRealize Automation reservation. You can also configure alerts to send email notifications when reservation resources are low.
About this task
Custom properties and email alerts are optional configurations for the reservation. If you do not want to associate custom properties or set alerts, click Save to finish creating the reservation.
You can add as many custom properties as apply to your needs.
If configured, alerts are generated daily, rather than when the specified thresholds are reached.
Notifications are only sent if email alerts are configured and notifications are enabled.
Alerts are not available for Pay As You Go reservations that were created with no specified limits.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click New.
- Enter a valid custom property name.
- If applicable, enter a property value.
- (Optional) Check the Encrypted check box to encrypt the property value.
- (Optional) Check the Prompt User check box to require that the user enter a value.
This option cannot be overridden when provisioning.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Add any additional custom properties.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Enable the Capacity Alerts check box to configure alerts to be sent.
- Use the slider to set thresholds for available resource allocation.
- Enter one or more user email addresses or group names to receive alert notifications in the Recipients text box.
Press Enter to separate multiple entries.
- Select Send alerts to group manager to include group managers in the email alerts.
- Specify a reminder frequency (days).
- Click Save.
The reservation is saved and appears in the Reservations list.