The migration of identity store fails because a thousand plus groups in the Active Directory have not been synchronized to the VMware Identity Manager utility directory.
The migration of identity store to the VMware Identity Manager utility fails.
The problem occurs because more than thousand groups in the group base search domain name that have not been synchronized to the VMware Identity Manager utility directory.
- Log in the vRealize Automation appliance as a system administrator.
- Create a local user for the default tenant.
- Assign the local user the Tenant Administrator privileges.
- Log out of the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Log in the tenant with the local user credentials.
- Select .
- Open the failed Active Directory domain.
- Click Sync Settings to open a dialog with synchronization options.
- Click the + icon to add a new line for group DN definitions and enter the appropriate group DN that need to be synchronized.
- Click Save & Sync to save your changes and synchronize to implement your updates immediately.
The VMware Identity Manager utility directory is synchronized to the thousand plus groups in the Active Directory.
What to do next
Start the migration process.