The network profile information identifies the routed network properties, its underlying external network profile, and other values used in provisioning the network.
About this task
A routed network profile represent routeable IP space that is divided across multiple networks. Each new routed network allocates the next available subnet from the routable IP space. A routed network can access all other routed networks that use the same network profile.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
Create an external network profile. See Create an External Network Profile or Create an External Network Profile by Using An External IPAM Provider.
Verify that the NSX logical router is configured in the vSphere Client to use a routed network profile. See NSX Administration Guide.
- Select .
- Click New and select Routed from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Select an existing network profile from the External Network Profile drop-down menu.
- Accept the default IPAM endpoint value for the supplied internal VMware IPAM provider or select another IPAM provider endpoint, such as Infoblox, that you have imported and registered in vRealize Orchestrator.
External IPAM is not available for on-demand NAT and routed networks.
- Enter the subnet mask in the Subnet mask text box that is associated with the external network profile.
For example, enter 255.255.0.0.
- Enter a value in the Range subnet mask text box to determine how ranges are generated by the Generate Ranges option on the IP Ranges page.
For example, enter 255.255.255.0.
- Enter the first available IP address in the Base IP text box. The Base IP and range subnet mask settings are used to generate ranges.
For example, enter 126.96.36.199.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Enter DNS and WINS values as needed.
The DNS and WINS fields are optional if you are using an internal IPAM endpoint. If you are using an external IPAM endpoint, the DNS and WINS values are provided by the external IPAM provider.
- (Optional) Enter a Primary DNS server value.
- (Optional) Enter a Secondary DNS server value.
- (Optional) Enter a DNS suffix value.
The DNS suffix is used in DNS name registration and DNS name resolution.
- (Optional) Enter a DNS search suffix value.
- (Optional) Enter a Preferred WINS server value.
- (Optional) Enter an Alternate WINS server value.