An external network profile identifies network properties and settings for an existing network. An external network profile is a requirement of NAT and routed network profiles.
About this task
For information about how you can create an external network profile by obtaining IPAM address information from a registered third-party IPAM endpoint such as Infoblox, see Checklist for Preparing External IPAM Provider Support and Create an External Network Profile by Using An External IPAM Provider. Use the following procedure to create a network profile by using the VMware internal IPAM endpoint.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
- Select .
- Click New and select Existing or External from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- (Optional) Accept the supplied internal VMware IPAM endpoint in the IPAM endpoint drop-down menu.
- Enter an IP subnet mask in the Subnet mask text box.
For example, enter 255.255.0.0.
- Enter an Edge or routed gateway address in the Gateway text box.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Enter DNS and WINS values as needed.
The DNS and WINS fields are optional if you are using an internal IPAM endpoint. If you are using an external IPAM endpoint, the DNS and WINS values are provided by the external IPAM provider.
- (Optional) Enter a Primary DNS server value.
- (Optional) Enter a Secondary DNS server value.
- (Optional) Enter a DNS suffix value.
The DNS suffix is used in DNS name registration and DNS name resolution.
- (Optional) Enter a DNS search suffix value.
- (Optional) Enter a Preferred WINS server value.
- (Optional) Enter an Alternate WINS server value.
What to do next
You can configure IP ranges for static IP addresses. See Configure External Network Profile IP Ranges.