You can create a vCloud Director endpoint to manage all of the vCloud Director virtual data centers (vDCs) in your environment, or you can create separate endpoints to manage each vCloud Director organization.
About this task
For information about Organization vDCs, see vCloud Director documentation.
Do not create a single endpoint and individual organization endpoints for the same vCloud Director instance.
vRealize Automation uses a proxy agent to manage vSphere resources.
Reservations defined for vCloud Air endpoints and vCloud Director endpoints do not support the use of network profiles for provisioning machines.
vRealize Automation requires that its published catalog be shared with all the vCloud Director organizations. Data collection fails if the published catalog is not shared with all the vCloud Director organizations.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter the URL of the vCloud Director server in the Address text box.
The URL must be of the type FQDN or IP_address.
For example, https://mycompany.com.
- Click Credentials and select the administrative-level credentials you stored for this endpoint.
To connect to the vCloud Director server and specify the organization for which the user has the administrator role, use organization administrator credentials. With these credentials, the endpoint can access only the associated organization vDCs. You can add endpoints for each additional organization in the vCloud Director instance to integrate with vRealize Automation.
To allow access to all Organization vDCs in the vCloud Director instance, use system administrator credentials for a vCloud Director and leave the Organization text box empty.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can enter a vCloud Director organization name in the Organization text box.
Discover all Organization vCDs
If you have implemented vCloud Director in a private cloud, you can leave the Organization text box blank to allow the application to discover all the available Organization vDCs.
Separate endpoints for each Organization vCD
Enter a vCloud Director organization name in the Organization text box.
The Organization name matches your vCloud Director Organization name, which might also appear as your virtual data center (vDC) name. If you are using a Virtual Private Cloud, then this name is a unique identifier in the M123456789-12345 format. In a dedicated cloud, it is the given name of the target vDC.
If you are connecting directly to vCloud Director at the system level, for example leaving the Organization field blank, you need System Administrator credentials. If you are entering an Organization in the endpoint, then you need a user who has Organization Administrator credentials in that organization.
- (Optional) Select the Use proxy server check box to configure additional security and force connections to pass through a proxy server.
- Enter the host name of your proxy server in the Hostname text box.
- Enter the port number to use for connecting to the proxy server in the Port text box.
- (Optional) Click the Browse icon next to the Credentials text box.
Select or create credentials that represent the user name and password for the proxy server, if required by the proxy configuration.
- (Optional) Add custom properties.
- Click OK.