To prepare to define and use an external IPAM provider endpoint, you must first obtain the external IPAM provider package and import the package in vRealize Orchestrator.
About this task
You can download and use an existing third-party IP Address Management provider package, such as Infoblox IPAM. You can also create your own package using a VMware-supplied SDK and accompanying SDK documentation, for example to create a package for use with Bluecat IPAM. This example uses the Infoblox IPAM package.
After you obtain and import the external IPAM provider package in vRealize Orchestrator, run the required workflows and register the IPAM endpoint type.
For more information about importing packages and running vRealize Orchestrator workflows, see Using the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Client. For more information about extending vRealize Automation with vRealize Orchestrator packages and workflows, see Life Cycle Extensibility.
Log in to vRealize Orchestrator with administrator privileges for importing, configuring, and registering a vRealize Orchestrator package.
- Open the VMware Solution Exchange site at https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/category_groups/cloud-management.
- Select Cloud Management Marketplace.
- Locate and download the plug-in or package, for example Infoblox VIPAM Plug-in.
- In vRealize Orchestrator, click the Administrator tab and click Import package.
- Select the package or plug-in, for example select the Infoblox IPAM plug-in.
- Select all workflows and artifacts and click Import selected elements.