Using your IaaS architect privileges, you configure your blueprint to clone machines from the CentOS template you created in vSphere.
About this task
You configure your machine component to perform the clone action, and select the template you created as the object to clone from. You specify the customization specification you created to prevent any conflicts that might arise if you deploy multiple virtual machines with identical settings.
- Click the Build Information tab.
- Select whether machines provisioned from this blueprint are classified as Desktop or Server from the Blueprint type drop-down menu.
This information is for record-keeping and licensing purposes only.
- Select Clone from the Action drop-down menu.
- Select CloneWorkflow from the Provisioning workflow drop-down menu.
- Click the Browse icon next to the Clone from text box.
- Select Rainpole_centos_63_x86 to clone machines from the template you created in vSphere.
- Click OK.
- Enter Linux in the Customization spec text box to use the customization specification you created in vSphere.
This value is case sensitive.
What to do next
You configure CPU, memory, and storage settings for machines provisioned by using your blueprint.