After deploying the connector OVA, you must run the Setup wizard to activate the appliance and configure the administrator passwords.
Before you begin
You have generated an activation code for the connector.
Ensure the connector appliance is powered on and you know the connector URL.
Collect a list of password to use for the connector administrator, root account, and sshuser account.
- To run the Setup wizard, enter the connector URL that was displayed in the Console tab after the OVA was deployed.
- On the Welcome Page, click Continue.
- Create strong passwords for the following connector virtual appliance administrator accounts.
Strong passwords should be at least eight characters long and include uppercase and lowercase characters and at least one digit or special character.
Create the appliance administrator password. The user name is admin and cannot be changed. You use this account and password to log in to the connector services to manage certificates, appliance passwords and syslog configuration.Important:
The admin user password must be at least 6 characters in length.
A default VMware root password was used to install the connector appliance. Create a new root password.
Create the password to use for remote access to the connector appliance.
- Click Continue.
- On the Activate Connector page, paste in the activation code and click Continue.
- If you are using a self-signed certificate on the vRealize Automation internal connector, you must enter the Root CA Certificate information as well.
You can get the root CA from https://:8443/cfg/ssl. Select the Terminate SSL on a Load Balancer tab, and then click the link for /horizon_workspace_rootca.pem.
The activation code is verified and communication between the service and the connector instance is established to complete the connector configuration.
What to do next
In the service, set up your environment based on your needs. For example, if you added an additional connector because you want to sync two Integrated Windows Authentication directories, create the directory and associate it with the new connector.