You create an endpoint to allow vRealize Automation to communicate with your OpenStack or PowerVC instance.
Before you begin
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
Verify that your vRealize Automation DEMs are installed on a machine that meets the Openstack or PowerVC requirements. See Installing vRealize Automation 7.2.
Verify that your flavor of Openstack is currently supported. See vRealize Automation Support Matrix.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter the URL for the endpoint in the Address text box.
The URL must be of the format https://FQDN/powervc/openstack/service. For example: https://openstack.mycompany.com/powervc/openstack/admin.
The URL must be of the format FQDN:5000 or IP_address:5000. Do not include the /v2.0 suffix in the endpoint address. For example: https://openstack.mycompany.com:5000.
- Click Credentials and select the administrative-level credentials you stored for this endpoint.
The credentials you provide must have the administrator role in the OpenStack tenant associated with the endpoint.
- Enter an OpenStack tenant name in the OpenStack project text box.
If you set up multiple endpoints with different OpenStack tenants, create reservation policies for each tenant. This ensures that machines are provisioned to the appropriate tenant resources.
- (Optional) : Add custom properties.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Add the compute resources from your endpoint to a fabric group. See Create a Fabric Group.