When maintaining an environment or network, you might need to assign a different host name to an existing replica vRealize Automation appliance.
Before you begin
If the master node host name needs to change, complete that entire procedure first. See Change the Master vRealize Automation Appliance Host Name.
About this task
In a high availability cluster of vRealize Automation appliances, follow these steps to change the host name of a replica vRealize Automation appliance node.
- In DNS, create an additional record with the new replica host name.
Do not remove the existing DNS record with the old host name yet.
- Wait for DNS replication and zone distribution to occur.
- From a console session as root on the replica vRealize Automation appliance, run the following script.
- From a console session as root on the master vRealize Automation appliance, run the following script.
changeHostName-master.sh new-replica-hostname old-replica-hostname
- Log in as root to the replica vRealize Automation appliance management interface.
- Click .
- In the Hostname text box, enter the new replica host name, and click Save Settings.
- From a console session as root, update the HAProxy configuration with the new replica host name.
On all vRealize Automation appliances in the cluster, including master and replicas, use a text editor to replace the old replica host name throughout the files in the following directory.
- Restart the master vRealize Automation appliance.
- Restart replica vRealize Automation appliances, one at a time.
- Log in as root to the master vRealize Automation appliance management interface.
- Click .
- Reset any replica nodes that show a Status of N/A.
- Verify that the Sync State is correct for database replication on each vRealize Automation appliance node.
- Click .
- Use Join Cluster to re-join each replica node to the cluster.
- Restart each replica node.
Afterward, RabbitMQ might still show the old replica node being in the cluster, but the old host name is shown as Not Connected and is safe to ignore.
- In DNS, remove the existing DNS record with the old replica host name.