Optionally, you can add custom properties to a volume.
Before you begin
About this task
You cannot use custom properties to enter values for volume disk number, capacity, label, or storage reservation policy. You must enter these values in their required locations by adding or editing a volume in the Storage volumes table.
- In the Custom Properties column of the Storage volumes table, click Edit for the volume receiving the custom property.
- Click New Property.
- Enter the name of the custom property in the Name text box.
- Enter the value for the custom property in the Value text box.
- Select the Encrypted check box to encrypt the value.
- Select the Prompt user check box to prompt users for the value when they request the machine.