If you integrated vRealize Business, all your cost information appears in the vRealize Automation user interface by default. If you do not want cost information to appear to users in vRealize Automation, you can choose to view and manage all costs only in vRealize Business.
About this task
CostingUI setting only disables vRealize Automation from contacting the vRealize Business server during provisioning. If the
CostingUI setting is on during provisioning, vRealize Automation contacts vRealize Business for cost information and sets the cost for the machines in its database. If the
CostingUI setting is off, then the cost is marked as Not applicable. For example, if a machine is provisioned with the
CostingUI setting turned on, then the cost of the machines in that deployment is associated. Even if the
CostingUI setting is turned off, the costing value is displayed for deployments that already have a cost associated to them. For all new deployments, cost will not be associated. The
CostingUI setting determines if cost is associated with a machine and has no bearing on whether to display the cost.
- Log in to your vRealize Automation appliance with SSH as root.
The password is the one you specified when you deployed the appliance.
- Navigate to /etc/vcac/.
- Open enabled-features.properties for editing.
- Locate the vRealize Business costing feature.
## Enable vRB costing UI CostingUI=true
- Disable the vRealize Business costing feature.
## Enable vRB costing UI CostingUI=false
- Restart the vRealize Automation server.
service vcac-server restart
- If you have a distributed environment, restart the vRealize Automation server on any additional instances of the vRealize Automation appliance.
Your changes to enabled-features.properties are saved to each additional instance.
Costing information does not appear in the vRealize Automation user interface. You can still view and manage cost in the vRealize Business user interface.