If a suitable network configuration is not available, you can create a new one in vRealize Automation.
Verify that you have container administrator, container architect, or IaaS administrator role privileges.
Verify that at least one host is configured and available for container network configuration.
- Log in to vRealize Automation.
- Click the Containers tab.
in the left pane.
The main panel displays the existing network configurations that can be provisioned as part of container deployment. The network configurations include both those collected from added Docker hosts and those created in vRealize Automation. The icons representing the network configurations display the network and IPAM drivers; subnet, gateway, and IP range information; the number of containers using the network configuration; and the number of hosts.
- In the Name field, enter any string value.
When you finish creating the new configuration, the name value will be appended with a unique identifier.
- (Optional) : To add more detailed configuration settings, click the Advanced check box.
Additional network configuration settings appear in the Add Network panel.
- Complete the network configuration settings.
If you create the network without advanced settings, vRealize Automation supplies the settings automatically.
- Click Create Network.
The Add Network panel disappears and the added network appears as a horizontal icon below the container icons in the Edit Template page. A network connector icon also displays on the bottom border of the container icons.
- (Optional) : To connect a container to the newly added network, drag the network connector icon from the container to any point on the horizontal icon representing the network.