As a tenant administrator, you want vRealize Automation to authenticate logins against your corporate active directory. You configure a connection between vRealize Automation and your single domain active directory over LDAP.
- Navigate to the vRealize Automation console, https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac.
- Enter the username Rainpole tenant admin and password VMware1!.
- Select .
- Click Add Directory.
- Enter your specific Active Directory account settings, and accept the default options.
Add the IP address of your active directory domain name.
Enter the Distinguished Name (DN) of the starting point for directory server searches. For example, cn=users,dc=rainpole,dc=local.
Enter the full distinguished name (DN), including common name (CN), of an Active Directory user account that has privileges to search for users. For example, cn=config_admin infra,cn=users,dc=rainpole,dc=local.
Bind DN Password
Enter the Active Directory password for the account that can search for users.
- Click the Test Connection button to test the connection to the configured directory.
- Click Save & Next.
The Select the Domains page with the list of domains appears.
- Accept the default domain setting and click Next.
- Verify that the attribute names are mapped to the correct Active Directory attributes and click Next.
- Select the groups and users you want to sync.
- Click the Add icon ().
- Enter the user domain and click Find Groups.
For example, cn=users,dc=rainpole,dc=local.
- Select the Select All check box.
- Click Select.
- Click Next.
- Accept the defaults on the Select Users page and click Next.
- Review the page to see how many users and groups are syncing to the directory and click Sync Directory.
The directory sync process takes some time, but it happens in the background and you can continue working.
You can assign privileges and grant access to any of the Active Directory users and groups you synced to vRealize Automation.
What to do next
Using your tenant administrator privileges, customize the look and feel of the vRealize Automation console.