The PEBuilder tool provided by vRealize Automation provides a simple way to include the vRealize Automation guest agent in your WinPE images.
About this task
PEBuilder has a 32 bit guest agent. If you need to run commands specific to 64 bit, install PEBuilder and then get the 64 bit files from the GugentZipx64.zip file.
Install PEBuilder in a location where you can access your staging environment.
Install NET Framework 4.5.
Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 (including WinPE 3.0) is installed.
- Navigate to the vCloud Automation Center Appliance management console page.
For example: https://va-hostname.domain.com.
- Click Guest and software agents page in the vRealize Automation component installation section of the page.
For example: https://va-hostname.domain.com/software/index.html.
The Guest and Software Agent Installers page opens, displaying links to available downloads.
- Click PE Builder utility in the component installation section of the page to download and save the vCAC-WinPEBuilder-Setup.exe file.
- Run vCAC-WinPEBuilder-Setup.exe.
- Follow the prompts to install PEBuilder.
- (Optional) : Replace the Windows 32-bit guest agent files located in \PE Builder\Plugins\VRM Agent\VRMGuestAgent with the 64-bit files to include the 64-bit agent in your WinPE.
You can use PEBuilder to create a WinPE for use in WIM provisioning.