Configure and publish a machine component as a standalone blueprint that other architects can reuse as a component in application blueprints, and catalog administrators can include in catalog services.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an infrastructure architect.
Complete external preparations for provisioning, such as creating templates, WinPE's, and ISO's, or gather the information about external preparations from your administrators.
Configure your tenant. Configuring Tenant Settings.
Configure your IaaS resources. Checklist for Configuring IaaS Resources.
- Select .
- Click the New icon ().
- Follow the prompts on the New Blueprint dialog box to configure general settings.
- Click OK.
- Click Machine Types in the Categories area to display a list of available machine types.
- Drag the type of machine you want to provision onto the design canvas.
- Follow the prompts on each of the tabs to configure machine provisioning details.
- Click Finish.
- Select your blueprint and click Publish.
You configured and published a machine component as a standalone blueprint. Catalog administrators can include this machine blueprint in catalog services and entitle users to request this blueprint. Other architects can reuse this machine blueprint to create more elaborate application blueprints that include Software components, XaaS blueprints, or additional machine blueprints.
What to do next
You can combine a machine blueprint with Software components, XaaS blueprints, or additional machine blueprints to create more elaborate application blueprints. See Assembling Composite Blueprints.