The vRealize Automation system administrator specifies server and account settings for the Windows installation server and selects a SQL database server instance and authentication method.
- On the Server and Account Settings page or the Detected Settings page, enter the user name and password for the Windows service account. This service account must be a local administrator account that also has SQL administrative privileges.
- Type a phrase in the Passphrase text box.
The passphrase is a series of words that generates the encryption key used to secure database data.Note:
Save your passphrase so that it is available for future installations or system recovery.
- To install the database instance on the same server with the IaaS components, accept the default server in the Server text box in the SQL Server Database Installation Information section.
If the database is on a different machine, enter the server in the following format.
- Accept the default in the Database name text box, or enter the appropriate name if applicable.
- Select the authentication method.
Select Use Windows authentication if you want to create the database using the Windows credentials of the current user. The user must have SQL sys_admin privileges.
Deselect Use Windows authentication if you want to create the database using SQL authentication. Type the User name and Password of the SQL Server user with SQL sys_admin privileges on the SQL server instance.
Windows authentication is recommended. When you choose SQL authentication, the unencrypted database password appears in certain configuration files.
- (Optional) : Select the Use SSL for database connection checkbox.
By default, the checkbox is enabled. SSL provides a more secure connection between the IaaS server and SQL database. However, you must first configure SSL on the SQL server to support this option. For more about configuring SSL on the SQL server, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 316898.
- Click Next.