To prepare to define and use an external IPAM provider endpoint, you must first obtain the external IPAM provider package and import the package in vRealize Orchestrator.
About this task
After you import the external IPAM provider plug-in or package in vRealize Orchestrator, run the required workflows and register the IPAM endpoint type.
For more information about importing plug-ins and packages and running vRealize Orchestrator workflows, see Using the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Client. For more information about extending vRealize Automation with vRealize Orchestrator plug-ins, packages, and workflows, see Life Cycle Extensibility.
Log in to vRealize Orchestrator with administrator privileges for importing, configuring, and registering a vRealize Orchestrator plug-in or package.
- Open the VMware Solution Exchange site at https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store.
- Select Cloud Management Marketplace.
- Locate and download the plug-in or package.
For example, import the Infoblox plug-in that supports the Infoblox third-party IPAM endpoint in vRealize Automation.
- In vRealize Orchestrator, click the Administrator tab and click Import package.
- For example, select the vRealize Orchestrator third-party IPAM package.
Select com.vmware.vra.ipam.service.sdk from source\vcac\components\ipam\vro-sdk\target\ipam-package-sdk-7.1.0-SNAPSHOT.package.
- Select all workflows and artifacts and click Import selected elements.