If you maintain a stand-alone, external instance of vRealize Orchestrator for use with vRealize Automation, you must upgrade vRealize Orchestrator when you upgrade vRealize Automation.
About this task
Embedded instances of vRealize Orchestrator are upgraded as part of the vRealize Automation appliance upgrade. No additional action is required.
Install the update on the primary vRealize Automation appliance.
Upgrade IaaS components. See Upgrading the IaaS Server Components After Upgrading vRealize Automation6.x to 7.2.
Choose your vRealize Orchestrator upgrade method. See Upgrade Orchestrator Appliance 5.5.x and Later to 7.x.
- Shut down the vRealize Orchestrator node.
- Take a snapshot.
- Increase the RAM to 6 GB.
- Power on the vRealize Orchestrator node.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator appliance configuration portal at https://orchestrator_server:5480.
- Select the Update tab in your configuration portal and click Settings.
- Select your upgrade method and click Save Settings.
- Click Status.
- Click Check Updates.
- Click Install Updates.
- Accept the VMware End User License Agreement.
- When the update completes, restart the vRealize Orchestrator appliance.
- From the Control Center, upgrade the vRealize Automation default plugins, which include vCAC Cafe, vCAC IaaS, and NSX.
- Restart the vRealize Orchestrator service.