You can configure a health check method to update the status of a container based on custom criteria.
About this task
You can use HTTP or TCP protocols when executing a command on the container. You can also specify a health check method.
Verify that Containers for vRealize Automation is enabled in your supported vRealize Automation deployment.
Verify that you have container administrator or container architect role privileges.
- Log in to vRealize Automation.
- Click the Containers tab.
- Click Templates in the left pane.
- Edit the template or image.
- To edit a template
- Click Edit in the upper-right section of the template that you want to open.
- If the template contains multiple templates, point to the template that you want to edit, and click Edit in the upper-right section of the template that you want to open.
- To edit an image.
- Click the arrow next to the image's Provision button, and click Enter additional info.
The Provision a Container or Edit Container Definition page appears, providing access to categorized sets of editable properties and settings.
- Click the Health Config tab.
- Select a health mode.
Table 1. Health Configuration Modes
Default. No health checks are configured.
If you select HTTP, you must provide an API to access and an HTTP method and version to use . The API is relative and you do not need to enter the address of the container. You can also specify a timeout period for the operation and set health thresholds.
For example, a healthy threshold of 2 means that two consecutive successful calls must occur for the container to be considered healthy and in the RUNNING status. An unhealthy threshold of 2 means that two unsuccessful calls must occur for the container to be considered unhealthy and in the ERROR status. For all the states in between the healthy and unhealthy thresholds, the container status is DEGRADED.
If you select TCP connection, you must only enter a port for the container. The health check attempts to establish a TCP connection with the container on the provided port. You can also specify a timeout value for the operation and set healthy or unhealthy thresholds as with HTTP.
If you select Command, you must enter a command to be executed on the container. The success of the health check is determined by the exit status of the command.
- Click Save.