If sufficient free space is unavailable on the root partition of the vRealize Automation appliance host, upgrade cannot proceed.
This procedure increases the free space on the Disk 1 root partition of the vRealize Automation appliance host. In a distributed deployment, perform this procedure to increase the free space on each replica node sequentially, and then increase the free space on the master node.
When you perform this procedure, you might see the following warning messages:
WARNING: Re-reading the partition table failed with error 16: Device or resource busy. The kernel still uses the old table. The new table will be used at the next reboot or after you run partprobe(8) or kpartx(8) Syncing disks.
Error: Partition(s) 1 on /dev/sda have been written, but we have been unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because it/they are in use. As a result, the old partition(s) will remain in use. You should reboot now before making further changes.
Ignore the message You should reboot now before making further changes. If you reboot your system before step 10, you corrupt the upgrade process.
- Power on the vRealize Automation appliance host virtual machine and log in as with a secure shell connection as the root user.
- Run the following commands to stop services.
- service vcac-server stop
- service vco-server stop
- service vpostgres stop
- Run the following command to unmount the swap partition.
- Run the following command to delete the existing Disk 1 partitions and create a 44-GB root partition and a 6-GB swap partition.
(echo d; echo 2; echo d; echo 1; echo n; echo p; echo ; echo ; echo '+44G'; echo n; echo p; echo ; echo ; echo ; echo w; echo p; echo q) | fdisk /dev/sda
- Run the following command to change the swap partition type.
(echo t; echo 2; echo 82; echo w; echo p; echo q) | fdisk /dev/sda
- Run the following command to set the Disk 1 bootable flag.
(echo a; echo 1; echo w; echo p; echo q) | fdisk /dev/sda
- Run the following command to register the partition changes with the Linux kernel.
If you see a message prompting you to reboot before you make further changes, ignore the message. Rebooting the system before step 10 corrupts the upgrade process.
- Run the following command to format the new swap partition.
- Run the following command to mount the swap partition.
- Reboot the vRealize Automation appliance.
- After the appliance reboots, run the following command to resize the Disk 1 partition table.
- To verify that the disk expansion is successful, run df -h and check that the available disk space on /dev/sda1 is greater than 30 GB.