You can perform an unattended, silent vRealize Automation installation from the console of a newly deployed vRealize Automation appliance.
Create an unconfigured appliance. See Deploy the vRealize Automation Appliance.
Create or identify your IaaS Windows servers, and configure their prerequisites.
Install the Management Agent on your IaaS Windows servers.
You may install the Management Agent using the traditional .msi file download or the silent process described in Perform a Silent vRealize Automation Management Agent Installation.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation appliance console as root.
- Navigate to the following directory.
- Open the ha.properties answer file in a text editor.
- Add entries specific to your deployment in ha.properties, and save and close the file.
Alternatively, you can save time by copying and modifying an ha.properties file from another deployment instead of editing the entire default file.
- From the same directory, start the installation by running the following command.
Installation might take up to an hour or more to complete, depending on the environment and size of the deployment.
- (Optional) : After installation finishes, review the log file.
The silent installer does not save proprietary data to the log, such as passwords, licenses, or certificates.