When necessary, you can use the following procedure to stop vRealize Automation services on each server that is running IaaS services.
About this task
Before you begin the upgrade, stop vRealize Automation services on each IaaS Windows server.
Except for a passive backup instance of the Manager Service, the startup type for all services must be set to Automatic during the upgrade process. If you set services to Manual, the upgrade process fails.
- Log in to your IaaS Windows server.
- Select .
- Stop services in the following order. Be careful not to shut down the virtual machine.
Each virtual machine has a Management agent, which must be stopped with each set of services.
Each VMware vCloud Automation Center Agent
Each VMware DEM-Worker
The VMware DEM-Orchestrator
The VMware vCloud Automation Center Service
- For distributed deployments with load balancers, disable each secondary node and remove the vRealize Automation health monitors for the following items.
- vRealize Automation appliance
- IaaS Website
- IaaS Manager Service
Verify that load balancer traffic is directed only to the primary nodes and that the vRealize Automation health monitors are removed for the appliance, Website, and Manager Service, otherwise the upgrade fails.
- Verify that the IaaS service hosted in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is running by performing the following steps.
- In your browser, go to the URL https://webhostname/Repository/Data/MetaModel.svc to verify that the Web Repository is running. If successful, no errors are returned and you see a list of models in XML format.
- Check the status recorded in the Repository.log file on the Web node of the IaaS virtual machine to see that status reports OK. The file is located in the VCAC home folder at /Server/Model Manager Web/Logs/Repository.log.
For a distributed IaaS Website, log in to the secondary Website, without MMD, and stop the Microsoft IIS server temporarily. Check the MetaModel.svc connectivity. To verify that the load balancer traffic is going through only the primary Web node, start the Microsoft IIS server.