An error message about the Management Agent appears when you click Install Updates on the vRealize Automation appliance management console Update Status page.
Upgrade process is unsuccessful. Message appears: Unable to upgrade management agent on node x. Sometimes the message lists more than one node.
Many conditions can cause this problem. The error message identifies only the node ID of the affected machine. More information is found in the All.log file for the Management Agent on the machine where the command fails.
Perform these tasks on the affected nodes according to your situation:
- If the Management Agent service is not running, start the service and restart upgrade on the virtual appliance.
- If the Management Agent service is running and the Management Agent is upgraded, restart upgrade on the virtual appliance.
- If the Management Agent service is running, but the Management Agent is not upgraded, perform a manual upgrade.
- Open a browser and navigate to the vRealize Automation IaaS installation page on thevRealize Automation appliance at https:// va-hostname.domain.name:5480/install.
- Download and run the Management Agent Installer.
- Reboot the Management Agent machine.
- Restart upgrade on the virtual appliance.