After migration from vRealize Automation 7.2 to 7.3, the target vRealize Automation console cannot manage software components on existing virtual machines. Before the target console can manage software components on existing virtual machines, you must update the software agent on each virtual machine.
Before you begin
Successful migration from source vRealize Automation 7.2 environment to target vRealize Automation 7.3 environment.
Download the Software Agent Post-Migration Update package.
Open the target vRealize Automation appliance Guest and Software Agent Installers page using the target appliance fully qualified domain name: https://vra-va-hostname.domain.name/software/index.html.
Click Software Agent Update workflow.
Connect to the target vRealize Orchestrator using the vRealize Orchestrator client. For information, see Using the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Client in the vRealize Orchestrator documentation.
About this task
You use the vRealize Orchestrator client to perform these tasks:
Import the downloaded Software Agent Post-Migration Update package to the source vRealize Orchestrator.
Update the software agent on an existing virtual machine.
Re-establish communication with the target vRealize Automation appliance
Updating software agents is an irreversible operation. After you do this update, you can no longer manage software components on existing virtual machines with the source vRealize Automation console.
- On the vRealize Orchestrator client, select Run from the top drop-down menu.
- On the My Orchestrator page, click Import package.
- Navigate to the directory where you downloaded the Software Agent Post-Migration Update package, com.vmware.vra.sct.update.package.
- Select the package name and click Open.
- Click Import and trust provider.
- Click Import selected elements.
The Packages tab opens showing the imported package.
- Click the Workflows tab.
- Click the expand button to select .
- Double-click Re-Parent Software Agents with Target vRealize Automation.
Run this workflow for each tenant in the source vRealize Automation environment.
- To run the wizard, click the green Start workflow button at the top of the right pane.
- Provide the requested information for the source vRealize Automation environment.
- Provide the requested information for the target vRealize Automation environment.
This target environment information is provided on the target vRealize Automation management console Migration Status page.
Virtual appliance IP address.
Virtual appliance certificate.
Software agent JAR SHA256 checksum.
- Click Submit.
The workflow performs these tasks on the source vRealize Automation environment.
Authenticates the user on the tenant to get an API token.
Installs the software agent update scripts as new software components in the source vRealize Automation environment. System installs one software component for each supported operating system, Windows or Linux respectively.
Obtains a list of running virtual machines with software agent installed.
Updates the software agent by running the appropriate software agent update script on each virtual machine in the list.
Uninstalls previously added software components from the source vRealize Automation environment.