To install IaaS on your distributed virtual or physical Windows servers, you download a copy of the IaaS installer from the vRealize Automation appliance.
About this task
If you see certificate warnings during this process, continue past them to finish the installation.
Verify that the server meets the requirements in IaaS Windows Servers.
Verify that you imported a certificate to IIS and that the certificate root or the certificate authority is in the trusted root on the installation machine.
If you are using load balancers in your environment, verify that they meet the configuration requirements.
- (Optional) : Activate HTTP if you are installing on a Windows 2012 machine.
- Select Features > Add Features from Server Manager.
- Expand WCF Services under .NET Framework Features.
- Select HTTP Activation.
- Log in to the IaaS Windows server using an account that has administrator rights.
- Open a Web browser directly to the vRealize Automation appliance installer URL. Do not use a load balancer address.
- Click IaaS Installer.
- Save setup__vrealize-automation-appliance-FQDN@5480 to the Windows server.
Do not change the installer file name. It is used to connect the installation to the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Download the installer file to each IaaS Windows server on which you are installing components.
What to do next
Install an IaaS database, see Choosing an IaaS Database Scenario.