You can configure Orchestrator to download the upgrade package from the default VMware repository.
Before you begin
Unmount all network file systems. For more information, see the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
Increase the memory of the Orchestrator Appliance to at least 6 GB. For more information, see the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
Take a snapshot of the Orchestrator virtual machine. For more information, see the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
If you use an external database, back up the database.
If you use the preconfigured in Orchestrator PostgreSQL database, back up the database by using the Export Database menu in Control Center.
- Go to the Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI) at https://orchestrator_server:5480 and log in as root.
- On the Update tab, click Settings.
The radio button next to the Use Default Repository option is selected.
- On the Status page, click Check Updates.
- If any updates are available, click Install Updates.
- Accept the VMware End-User License Agreement and confirm that you want to install the update.
- To complete the update, restart the Orchestrator Appliance.
- Log in again to the to the Virtual Appliance Management Interface (VAMI) as root.
- (Optional) : On the Update tab, verify that the latest version of the Orchestrator Appliance is successfully installed.
- Log in to Control Center as root.
- If you plan to create a cluster of Orchestrator instances, reconfigure the hosts settings.
- On the Host Settings page in Control Center, click CHANGE.
- Enter the host name of the load balancer server instead of the vRealize Orchestrator appliance name.
- Reconfigure the authentication.
- If before the upgrade, the Orchestrator server was configured to use LDAP or SSO (legacy) as an authentication method, configure vSphere or vRealize Automation as an authentication provider.
- If the authentication is already set to vSphere or vRealize Automation, unregister the settings and register them again.
You successfully upgraded the Orchestrator Appliance.
What to do next
Verify that Orchestrator is configured properly at the Validate Configuration page in Control Center.