When maintaining an environment or network, you might need to assign a different host name to an existing replica vRealize Automation appliance.
About this task
In a high availability cluster of vRealize Automation appliances, follow these steps to change the host name of a replica vRealize Automation appliance node.
If the master node host name needs to change, complete that entire procedure first. See Change the Master vRealize Automation Appliance Host Name.
- In DNS, create an additional record with the new replica host name.
Do not remove the existing DNS record with the old host name yet.
- Wait for DNS replication and zone distribution to occur.
- Log in as root to the replica node vRealize Automation appliance management interface.
- Click the Network tab.
- Below the tabs, click Address.
- In the Hostname text box, enter the new name in FQDN format.
- At the upper right, click Save Settings.
- Log in as root to a console session on the replica vRealize Automation appliance, and run the following script.
/usr/lib/vcac/tools/change-hostname/change-hostname.sh old-replica-FQDN new-replica-FQDN
- Log in as root to a console session on all other vRealize Automation appliances in the cluster, including the master node and other replicas, and run the following command.
sed -i "s/old-replica-FQDN/new-replica-FQDN/g" "/etc/haproxy/conf.d/10-psql.cfg" "/etc/haproxy/conf.d/20-vcac.cfg"
- Log in as root to the master vRealize Automation appliance management interface.
- Click the vRA Settings tab.
- Below the tabs, click Messaging.
- To reconfigure the messaging services with the new name on all nodes, click Reset RabbitMQ Cluster.
- Restart the master vRealize Automation appliance.
- Restart all replica vRealize Automation appliances, one at a time.
- If the old replica vRealize Automation appliance host name was used in a certificate, update the certificate with the new name.
For more information, see Updating vRealize Automation Certificates.
- If the old replica vRealize Automation appliance host name was used with a load balancer in an HA environment, check and reconfigure the load balancer with the new name.
- Verify that all authentication connectors are working correctly.
- In DNS, remove the existing DNS record with the old replica host name.