You can add or remove existing NSX security groups and security tags in a machine deployment. You cannot add on-demand security groups but you can remove them.
About this task
The change security action is based on a machine component or cluster. For example, if security is associated to a cluster named AppTier2 which consists of 2 machines, you perform the change security operation on the AppTier2 cluster, not the individual machines within the cluster.
The Change Security operation is not supported for deployments that were upgraded or migrated from vRealize Automation 6.2.x to this vRealize Automation release.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a machine owner, support user, business group user with a shared access role, or business group manager.
Verify that you are entitled to change security in a deployment. The required catalog entitlement is Change Security (Deployment).
- Select .
- Locate the deployment and display its children components.
- Click Change Security from the Actions menu.
- Select the deployed machine component or cluster in which to add or remove security items.
- Add or remove existing security groups and security tags for each machine component or cluster in the deployment as required.
- Remove on-demand security groups for each machine component or cluster in the deployment as required.
- (Optional) Click the Reason tab and enter a reason for the request.
- When you have finished making changes, click Save or click Submit to submit the change request.