vRealize Automation provides resource mappings for vSphere, vCloud Director, and vCloud Air machines. You can create additional resource mappings for other types of catalog resources.
Before you begin
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an XaaS architect.
Verify that the mapping script or workflow is available in vRealize Orchestrator. See Resource Mapping Script Actions and Workflows
About this task
- Select .
- Click the New icon ().
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter a version.
The supported format extends to major.minor.micro-revision.
- Enter the type of the catalog resource in the Catalog Resource Type text box and press enter.
The type of catalog resource appears on the details view of the provisioned item.
- Enter the vRealize Orchestrator object type in the Orchestrator Type text box and press enter.
This is the output parameter of the resource mapping workflow.
- (Optional) : Add target criteria to restrict the availability of resource actions created by using this resource mapping.
Resource actions are also subject to restrictions based on approvals and entitlements.
- Select Available based on conditions.
- Select the type of condition.
All of the following
If all of the clauses you define are satisfied, resource actions created by using this resource mapping are available to the user.
Any of the following
If any one of the clauses you define are satisfied, resource actions created by using this resource mapping are available to the user.
Not the following
If the clause you define exists, resource actions created by using this resource mapping are not available.
- Follow the prompts to build your clauses and complete the condition.
- Select your resource mapping script action or workflow from the vRealize Orchestrator library.
- Click OK.