You configure the reservation to use the same region and networking settings that your tunnel machine is using, and you restrict the number of machines that can be powered on for this reservation to manage resource usage.
- Click the Resouces tab.
- Select a compute resource on which to provision machines from the Compute resource drop-down menu.
Select the Amazon AWS region where your tunnel machine is located.
- (Optional) : Enter a number in the Machine quota text box to set the maximum number of machines that can be provisioned on this reservation.
Only machines that are powered on are counted towards the quota. Leave blank to make the reservation unlimited.
- Select Specify Key Pair from the Key pair drop-down menu.
Because this is a proof of concept environment, you choose to share a single key pair for all machines provisioned by using this reservation.
- Select the key pair you want to share with your architect users from the Key Pair drop-down menu.
- Enable the Assign to a subnet in a VPC checkbox.
- Select the same subnet and security groups that your tunnel machine is using.
You configured the reservation to use the same region and networking settings as your tunnel machine, but you still need to add custom properties to ensure the Software bootstrap agent and guest agent run communications through the tunnel.