Installing the NSX plug-in requires that you download the vRealize Orchestrator installer file, use the vRealize Orchestrator Configuration interface to upload the plug-in file, and install the plug-in on a vRealize Orchestrator server.
Before you begin
Beginning in vRealize Automation 7.3, you no longer need to install the NSX plug-in to obtain integrated NSX functionality. All integrated NSX functionality is now sourced directly from the NSX APIs, rather than from the NSX plug-in. However, if you want to use XaaS to extend your vRealize Automation and NSX integration, you must install the NSX plug-in in vRealize Orchestrator as described here.
If you are using an embedded vRealize Orchestrator that already contains an installed NSX plug-in, you can skip this procedure.
Verify that you are running a supported vRealize Orchestrator instance.
For information about setting up vRealize Orchestrator, see Installing and Configuring VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
Verify that you have credentials for an account with permission to install vRealize Orchestrator plug-ins and to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
Verify that you installed the vRealize Orchestrator client and that you can log in with Administrator credentials.
Confirm the correct version of the NSX plug-in in the vRealize Automation support matrix.
About this task
For general plug-in update and troubleshooting information, see vRealize Orchestrator documentation.
- Download the plug-in file to a location accessible from the vRealize Orchestrator server.
The plug-in installer file name format, with appropriate version values, is o11nplugin-nsx-1.n.n.vmoapp. Plug-in installation files for the NSX networking and security product are available from the VMware product download site at http://vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
- Open a browser and start the vRealize Orchestrator configuration interface.
An example of the URL format is https://orchestrator_server.com:8283.
- Click Plug-Ins in the left pane and scroll down to the Install new plug-in section.
- In the Plug-In file text box, browse to the plug-in installer file and click Upload and install.
The file must be in .vmoapp format.
- At the prompt, accept the license agreement in the Install a plug-in pane.
- In the Enabled plug-ins installation status section, confirm that the correct NSX plug-in name is specified.
See vRealize Automation Support Matrix for version information.
The status Plug-in will be installed at next server startup, appears.
- Restart the vRealize Orchestrator server service.
- Restart the vRealize Orchestrator configuration interface.
- Click Plug-Ins and verify that the status changed to Installation OK.
- Start the vRealize Orchestrator client application, log in, and use the Workflow tab to navigate through the library to the NSX folder.
You can browse through the workflows that the NSX plug-in provides.
What to do next
Create a vRealize Orchestrator endpoint in vRealize Automation to use for running workflows. See Create a vRealize Orchestrator Endpoint.