Each reservation is configured for a specific business group to grant them access to request machines on a specified compute resource.
After you create a reservation, you cannot change the business group or compute resource associations.
You can control the display of reservations when adding, editing, or deleting by using the Filter By Category option on the Reservations page. Note that test agent reservations do not appear in the reservations list when filtering by category.
For information about configuring for Amazon VPC, see Using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
Verify that a tenant administrator created at least one business group.
Verify that a compute resource exists.
Configure network settings.
Configure network profile information.
Verify that you have access to a desired Amazon network. For example, if you want to use VPC, verify that you have access to an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network.
Verify that any required key pairs exist. See Managing Key Pairs.
- Select .
- Click the New icon () and select the type of reservation to create.
Select Amazon EC2.
- (Optional) Select an existing reservation from the Copy from existing reservation drop-down menu.
Data from the selected reservation appears. You can make changes as required for your new reservation.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- Select a tenant from the Tenant drop-down menu.
- Select a business group from the Business group drop-down menu.
Only users in this business group can provision machines by using this reservation.
- (Optional) Select a reservation policy from the Reservation policy drop-down menu.
This option requires that one or more reservation policies exist. You can edit the reservation later to specify a reservation policy.
You use a reservation policy to restrict provisioning to specific reservations.
- Enter a number in the Priority text box to set the priority for the reservation.
The priority is used when a business group has more than one reservation. A reservation with priority 1 is used for provisioning over a reservation with priority 2.
- (Optional) Deselect the Enable this reservation check box if you do not want this reservation active.
Do not navigate away from this page. Your reservation is not complete.