Untrusted vRealize Automation appliance certificates must be manually imported to client browsers to support VMware Remote Console on clients provisioned on vSphere.
About this task
If vRealize Automation is configured with a trusted SSL certificate for your environment, then VMware Remote Console does not require additional configuration on client browsers.
The steps in this procedure apply for self-signed certificates and certificates issued by a Certificate Authority.
For information about supported versions of Internet Explorer, see the VMware vRealize Support Matrix on the VMware Web site.
- In an Internet Explorer browser, log in to the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Click View Certificate on the certificate error message that appears in the browser address bar.
- Click the General tab of the Certificate Information window..
- Verify that the information about the certificate is correct and click Install Certificate.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store in the Certificate Store dialog box.
- Click Browse to locate the certificate store.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authority and click OK.
- Click Next on the Certificate Store dialog box.
- Click Yes in the Security Warning dialog box to install the certificate.
- Restart the browser.
You can connect to the remote console without certificate errors.