You can add a network configuration to a container template to connect the containers to each other. This network configuration is automatically implemented for any applications that use the template. You can add either an existing network or configure and add a new network, as necessary.
Before you begin
Verify that you have a template available. If not, you must first create one.
Verify that you have container administrator, container architect, or IaaS administrator role privileges.
Verify that at least one host is configured and available for container network configuration.
- Log in to vRealize Automation.
- Click the Containers tab.
- Click Templates in the left pane.
An array of icons displays the templates and images that are available for provisioning.
- (Optional) : Modify the view to show only templates by clicking View: Templates in the upper right header above the icons.
- Click Edit in the upper-right section of the template that you want to customize.
The Edit Template page appears, displaying the container icons and a blank icon with a plus-sign.
- Point to the blank icon.
The Add Network icon appears.
- Click the Add Network icon.
The Add Network panel appears.
- Add an existing network or create and add a new network.
Add an existing network.
Click the Existing check box.
Click inside the Name field to display a list of existing networks.
Select the network you want to use and click Save.
Configure and add a new network.
Enter a name for the network.
To add more detailed configuration settings, click the Advanced check box.
The Add Network Configuration panel disappears and the added network appears as a horizontal icon below the container icons in the Edit Template page. A network icon also appears on the bottom border of the container icons.
- Connect the network to a container, by dragging the network connector icon from the container to any point on the horizontal icon representing the network.