You can create endpoints to allow vRealize Automation to communicate with your SCVMM environment and discover compute resources, collect data, and provision machines.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
You must install and configure a DEM agent to manage your Hyper-V (SCVMM) endpoint. For information, see SCVMM Requirements.
For related information, see Preparing Your SCVMM Environment.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) : Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Enter the URL for the endpoint in the Address text box.
The URL must be of the type: FQDN or IP_address.
For example: mycompany-scvmm1.mycompany.local.
- Enter the administrative-level user name and password that you stored for this endpoint.
If you did not already store the credentials, you can do so now.
- (Optional) : Click Properties and add supplied custom properties, property groups, or your own property definitions for the endpoint.
- Click OK.
vRealize Automation collects data from your endpoint and discovers your compute resources.
What to do next
Add the compute resources from your endpoint to a fabric group. See Create a Fabric Group.