As a tenant administrator, you create an approval policy that generates an event message that is published by the approval service. If you configured a workflow subscription with criteria that match the event message, vRealize Orchestrator runs the selected workflow.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator or approval administrator.
- Select .
- Create an approval policy for your software components.
- Click the New icon ().
- Select Select an approval policy type.
- In the list, select Service Catalog - Catalog Item Request - Software Component.
- Click OK.
- Configure the following options:
Enter Software external approval.
Enter Approval request sent to external approval system.
- On the Pre Approval tab, click the Add icon ().
- Configure the Level Information tab with the triggering criteria and the approval actions.
- In the Name text box, enter External level for software.
- In the Description text box, enter Software approval request sent to external approval system.
- Select Always required.
- Select Use event subscription.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Create a pre-approval workflow subscription that receives event messages based on the configured approval level. See Scenario: Create a Pre-Approval Workflow Subscription.
Apply the approval policy to a software component in an entitlement. See Entitle Users to Services, Catalog Items, and Actions.