You can associate custom properties with a vRealize Automation reservation. You can also configure alerts to send email notifications when reservation resources are low.
About this task
Custom properties and email alerts are optional configurations for the reservation. If you do not want to associate custom properties or set alerts, click Save to finish creating the reservation.
You can add as many custom properties as apply to your needs.
Notifications are only sent if email alerts are configured and notifications are enabled.
If configured, alerts are generated daily, rather than when the specified thresholds are reached.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click New.
- Enter a valid custom property name.
- If applicable, enter a property value.
- (Optional) Check the Encrypted check box to encrypt the property value.
- (Optional) Check the Prompt User check box to require that the user enter a value.
This option cannot be overridden when provisioning.
- (Optional) Add any additional custom properties.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Enable the Capacity Alerts check box to configure alerts to be sent.
- Use the slider to set thresholds for available resource allocation.
- Enter the AD user or group names (not email addresses) to receive alert notifications in the Recipients text box.
Enter a name on each line. Press Enter to separate multiple entries.
- Select Send alerts to group manager to include group managers in the email alerts.
The email alerts are sent to the users included in the business group Send manager emails to list.
- Specify a reminder frequency (days).
- Click Save.
The reservation is saved and appears in the Reservations list.
What to do next
You can configure optional reservation policies or begin preparing for provisioning.
Users who are authorized to create blueprints can create them now.