You can use placements and placement zones to limit and reserve resources used by a business group. You can also set a priority to the reserved amount of memory.
You can edit or delete the placements you created by pointing at them and clicking the corresponding button.
When you create or manage placements, you can click the Placement Zones button to the right to add or manage placement zones.
If you configured a VCH, the placement and placement zone are automatically configured and cannot be changed. You must assign a business group to the placement, by clicking the Edit icon.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a container administrator.
Verify that the specified memory resources are available.
Verify that at least one host is configured and available for container network configuration.
- Click the Containers tab.
- Click Placements.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for your placement.
- Assign the placement to a business group.
- Select a placement zone from the list.
- Select a deployment policy from the list.
- (Optional) Enter a priority value for the placement.
Enter a positive number, with 1 representing the highest priority. To specify the lowest priority, leave the field blank.
- Specify the number of instances.
- Select the maximum amount of memory that can be used.
Select a number between 0 and the amount of memory available in the placement zone. This is the total memory available for resources in this placement. Enter 0 to specify no limit.
- Click Save.