You can configure the component profile Image setting to control build information for vSphere machine components in the blueprint.
Before you begin
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an administrator with tenant administrator and IaaS administrator access rights.
About this task
After you define value sets for the Image component profile, you can add one or more value sets to the component profile for a vSphere machine component in a blueprint. Users can then select an Image value set when they request a catalog item.
- Click Image in the Name column.
Information about the supplied image component property is displayed.
- Click the Value Sets tab.
- To define a new value set click New and configure the Image settings.
- Enter a value in the Display name field to append to the ValueSet delimeter, for example CloneA.
- Accept the default value shown in the Name text box, for example ValueSet.CloneA, or enter a custom name.
- Enter a description such as Build settings for cloning scenario A in the Description text box.
- Select Active or Inactive in the Status drop down menu.
Select Active to allow the value set to be visible in the catalog provisioning request form.
- Select the build action to use for this value set, for example select Clone.
The available actions are Create, Clone, Linked Clone, and NetApp FlexClone.
- Select Server or Desktop as the blueprint type.
- If you specified a clone type action, select a template from the Clone from drop-down menu.
- (Optional) : Enter the path to a guest customization specification.
- Select a provisioning workflow from the drop-down menu of available workflows.
- Click Save.
- When you are satisfied with your settings, click Finish.