System administrators create a global inbound email server to handle inbound email notifications, such as approval responses. You can create only one inbound server, which appears as the default for all tenants. If tenant administrators do not override these settings before enabling notifications, vRealize Automation uses the globally configured email server.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a system administrator.
- Select .
- Click the Add icon ().
- Select Email – Inbound.
- Click OK.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) : Enter a description in the Description text box.
- (Optional) : Select the SSL check box to use SSL for security.
- Choose a server protocol.
- Type the name of the server in the Server Name text box.
- Type the server port number in the Server Port text box.
- Type the folder name for emails in the Folder Name text box.
This option is required only if you choose IMAP server protocol.
- Enter a user name in the User Name text box.
- Enter a password in the Password text box.
- Type the email address that vRealize Automation users can reply to in the Email Address text box.
- (Optional) : Select Delete From Server to delete from the server all processed emails that are retrieved by the notification service.
- Choose whether vRealize Automation can accept self-signed certificates from the email server.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Add.