As the vSphere administrator, you want to deploy and configure the vRealize Automation appliance to prepare to install vRealize Automation.
- Download the vRealize Automation appliance open virtualization format (OVF) template from the VMware Web site.
- Log in to the vSphere Client as a user with system administrator privileges.
- Select vSphere client. from the
- Browse to the vRealize Automation appliance OVF file you downloaded.
- Click Open and click Next.
- Click Next on the OVF Template Details page.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter the virtual appliance name, vra01svr01, in the Name text box, select the domain to deploy the virtual appliance, and click Next.
- Follow the prompts until the Disk Format page appears.
- Verify that 5.3 GB is available to deploy the virtual appliance and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to the Properties page and configure the values.
- Enter the root password, VMware1!, to use when you log in to the virtual appliance console.
- Enter vra01svr01.rainpole.local in the Hostname text box.
- Select the SSH service check box to enable SSH service for the appliance and click Next.
- Set the Default Gateway address and DNS address.
The sample Default Gateway address is 184.108.40.206 and sample DNS address is 220.127.116.11.
- Select Power on after deployment and click Finish.
- Click Close after the file finishes deploying into the vCenter Server.
- Wait for the host machine to restart.
This process could take up to five minutes.
A success message appears.
- Open a command prompt and ping vra01svr01.rainpole.local to verify that the vRealize Automation appliance is running.
What to do next
Enable time synchronization on your vRealize Automation appliance to ensure a successful installation.